Dental tourism is a type of medical tourism where people travel abroad in order to have work done on their teeth. The most usual reason for doing this is an attempt to save money. Thailand has become a popular destination for those seeking this type of treatment. There are a number of good reasons for why people might choose to have such work done in Phuket including:
Good Reasons to Have Dental Work Done in Phuket
- There is a good selection of dentists on the island that offer an international standard of quality dentistry.
- The more popular dental practices in Phuket will have plenty of experience with dealing with foreigners. This makes communication easier.
- There is a good selection of options locally.
- It is a beautiful location for having dental work done. People can mix dental treatments with time on the beach.
- Almost every type of dental work can be done in Phuket. There are an impressive number of services on offer.
- The cost of dental work in Phuket is great value – particularly when compared to western countries.
Types of Options Available with Dental Services in Phuket
The type of options provided by dentists on the island includes:
- Preventive Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth whitening
- Dental polishing
- Laser teeth bleaching
- Root Canal Treatment
- Zygomatic implants
- Full mouth reconstruction
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Dental bridge work
- Over denture treatment
- Porcelain bridges
- Indirect restoration
- Replacement crowns
- Removable prosthodontics
- Old Amalgam Replaced with Composite Resin Filling
- Operative Dentistry
- Inlays and onlays
The majority of dental practices are located in Patong or Phuket Town. Some of the most popular of these include:
Sea Smile Dental
Sea Smile Dental is situated on Patong Beach. This facility offers an impressive array of services and treatments. They currently offer laser tooth whitening for just 7,500 THB – the price is reduced to 14,000 for two people. This clinic also offers full mouth reconstruction for those who need it. Sea Smile Dental is quite popular but it has 4 treatment areas to speed things along.
Phuket Pearl Dental Clinic
Phuket Pearl Dental Clinic is located on Montri Road in Phuket Town. It promises clients a better smile for a low budget price. It offers a full list of services including laser bleaching for 8,000 THB and home bleaching for 5,000 THB. They can also arrange dental tour packages.
Phuket Dental Center
Phuket Dental Center can be found on Yaowarat Rd in Phuket Town. They offer a free initial oral examination and consultation. They offer tooth whitening for 9,000 THB in the clinic and 8,000 for home bleaching. All veneers, bridges, and crowns are guaranteed for 2 years.
Sawasdee Dental Clinic
Sawasdee dental clinic is located in Patong. This clinic offers a full range of dental treatments and they claim to cater for specific dental needs in a relaxing environment. They also offer a free oral examination and consultation. They can provide dental cleaning and polishing for 1,000 THB. They charge 8,500 THB for Zoom teeth whitening.
City Park Dental Clinic
City Park Dental Clinic can be found near Phuket Bus Terminal in Phuket Town. This facility is owned and managed by Dr. Veranit Haycharoensri and has been open since 1996. This clinic offers tooth cleaning and polishing for 800 THB. They offer natural teeth whitening for 8,000 THB and cold light teeth whitening for 6,000 THB.
Dental Sea Clinic
Dental Sea Clinic is located on Prabarami Road in Patong. This facility promises to offer a different experience than any other dental practice in Phuket. The focus is on providing clients with a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere while offering them the very best treatments. They offer cold light whitening for 8,000 THB.
Things to Consider When Choosing Dental Services in Phuket
There are a number of things worth considering before choosing dental services in Phuket including:
- Most clinics will offer a free oral examination and consultation. There is no obligation to choose a facility just because they have given a free examination.
- The fact that there are so many options for dentistry on Phuket means that people have some bargaining power. It is always good to check out the latest deals because the competition is fierce between these establishments.
- In order to find the best option it is necessary to do a bit of comparison.
- Just because a clinic offers the best value for one type of treatment does not mean that it necessary offers the best prices for all treatments.
- Most of these facilities will offer special dentistry packages and these are worth checking out when looking for the best deals.
- A clinic that is further away might be offering a better deal, but it is important to remember travel costs. For example, if a clinic in Phuket Town is a couple of hundred baht cheaper it could cost that amount of money to travel there.