Shopping in Phuket
In the last decade there have been some impressive improvements in the shopping opportunities available to locals and visitors to Phuket. There are now department stores and shopping malls on the island that rival what can be found in major cities. This all means that not only is Phuket an exotic location that offers warm hospitality and a wonderful culture, but it is also has plenty to offer the shopaholic. Most people who arrive on the island will at least need to do a bit of shopping so it is wonderful that there are now so many options. Not only is it possible to buy local items, but also international branded products – often at a more attractive price than people will find in their home country.
Shopping Malls in Phuket
There are two main shopping malls/centers on the island and many other smaller department stores. The shopping malls are:
Central Festival Phuket
The largest shopping mall on the island is Central Festival Phuket – in fact this is the largest of its kind in South Thailand. The mall has five floors and there is 120,000 square meters of shopping space. It is possible to spend the whole day walking around this mall and still not see everything. As well as hundreds of shops there are also plenty of restaurants and entertainment options. Central Festival prides itself on offering the best in international shopping. There is a huge selection to choose from including:
- International fast food options including; Burger King, KFC, Mister Doughnut, Haagen Das, Dairy Queen, Starbucks, Baskin Robbin, and McDonalds.
- SFX Coliseum Cinema offers 7 world class screens and the best in local and international movies.
- The IT Mall offers an impressive range of computers, handheld devices, and mobile phones as well as accessories. *International health and beauty stores such as Boots and the Body Shop.
- All the main Thai banks have outlets in the centre.
- The educational zone offers classes for kids as well as adults.
- Super sports zone
- Central department store
Central Festival Phuket is located Vichitsongkram Rd near Phuket Town. It opens daily from 10:30am to 10:00pm.
The other main shopping center in Phuket can be found in Patong. Jungceylon is not quite as big as Central Festival, but it still has 300 shops spread over 20,000 meters. Visitors to this mall can enjoy:
- Big C Superstore
- That’s Siam and Food Haven
- Fullmoon Brewwork
- XD Theatre
- SF Cinema City
- Coffee shops including Starbucks
- Shell World Museum
- Marioland – entertainment for kids
Notable Department Stores in Phuket
The most notable department stores in Phuket include:
- Tesco Lotus Phuket Town was the first of its kind on the island, but these days it is outshined by the larger shopping centers. As well as Tesco Lotus there are also other shops and entertainment options upstairs.
- Another new Tesco Lotus can be found on Chaofa Road. It also offers banks, coffee shops, restaurants, and Sengho Books.
- Premium Outlet is a department store that specializes in brand names such as Lacoste, Nike, and Warner Brothers. This store can be found on Chalearmprakiet Road in Phuket Town.
- Homeworks is situated right beside Central Festival. It offers two floors of furniture and household items.
- Index Living Mall is similar to Homeworks but the furniture tends to be a bit more modern looking. This department store can be found near Phuket Town on the bypass road.
- The [Big C Supercentre] can be found on Vichit Songkram Rd in Phuket Town. Big C tends to be somewhat less expensive than Tesco Lotus.