A Unique Experience in Thailand
Phuket Fantasea really does offer something unique to visitors to the island. It is the first Thai cultural theme park in the world, and it includes an impressive number activities and shows. Those who attend Phuket Fantasea are almost guaranteed a memorable time. The park covers 140 acres and it took 3 years to build. It is divided into 3 sections; Las Vegas type show, restaurant area, and festival village. Since opening in 1988 Phuket Fantasea has become the island’s number one tourist attraction.
Attractions at Phuket Fantasea
One of the nice things about Phuket Fantasea is that it offers a wide range of attractions. This should mean that there is something to please every visitor. The main things to look forward to include:
- The Palace of the Elephants is a 3000 seated theatre where visitors get to be whisked back to a mythical Siam of ancient lore. These shows are of a high standard and they are the nearest Thailand has to Las Vegas type productions.
- The Tiger Jungle Adventure is described as a theatrical safari where visitors get to experience the majesty of 12 exotic and mythical scenes. It involves getting close to a number of local animals and enjoying high tech special effects that will amaze.
- The Fantasy of Thailand Show has been described as an audio visual extravaganza. It includes elements of magic, ballet, pyrotechnics, acrobatics and of course plenty of Thai style.
- The Golden Kinnaree Buffet Restaurant claims to treat guests like royalty and offers the finest selection of Thai foods. The restaurant is located near a beautiful lotus lake and inside a golden pavilion – it really is like something out of a fairy tale.
- The Similan Entertainment Centre offers games that will excite visitors of all ages. These games are designed to test skills while also allowing people to develop a deeper appreciation of Thai marine life.
- The Songbird Luminarie attempts to recreate the luminance of a place court while combing this with the relaxing sound of songbirds. Visitors are encouraged to take a walk around this visual and audible treat.
- Anyone who is looking for some souvenirs of their trip to Thailand will appreciate Carnival Village Shopping Street. Not only will visitors get to choose from a wide range of products but the street itself offers wonderful examples of Thai architecture.
- Suriyammas Seafood Buffet Restaurant offers an impressive selection of Thai sea food. This restaurant is newly renovated to resemble a grand palace.
Things to Do at Phuket Fantasea
There are an impressive number of things to do at Phuket Fantasea including:
- Enjoy live performances.
- Eat Thai food.
- Visit the beer garden.
- Spend money or just window shop in the shopping village.
- Go for a safari adventure walk.
- Elephant riding
- Elephant feeding
- Enjoy the fireworks
- Rent a traditional Thai costume and have some pictures taken.
- Enjoy handcraft demonstrations
- Get to see magical performances
- Listen to live performances of traditional Thai music
- Watch the cultural parades
- Play carnival type games
- Enjoy the street shows
- Feed a baby tiger and have pictures taken
- Feed the carp
Location of Phuket Fantasea
Phuket Fantasea is located near Kamala Beach which is on the western side of the island – click to see Google map. It is about 10km from Patong Beach and can easily be reached by taxi or using the pick-up service provided by Phuket Fantasea. Those who attend to arrive by their own transportation will find signposts for Phuket Fantasea once they arrive near Kamala Beach.
Buying Tickets and Opening Times for Phuket Fantasea
Phuket Fantasea opens its doors from 17:30 in the evening and closes at 23:30. People can come any evening except for Thursday when Phuket Fantasea is closed. In order to get the most out of the experience it is best to arrive early and stay until the end.
There are a number of ticked options available to visitors including:
- If people only want to see the show they can pay 1,500 THB (children over 4 or are charged the same price as an adult).
- Those who want to enjoy the buffet and show pay 1,900 THB (Children pay 1,700 THB).
- If visitors only want to eat at the buffet they will be expected to pay 800 THB (children only pay 600 THB).
- Those who want to be sure of the best seat in the house for the show can pay an extra 250 THB.
- Phuket Fantasea provides roundtrip transportation to any hotel in Phuket for 300 THB.
- Children who are under 4 years of age will not be charged, but parents may be asked to show ID that can prove the date of birth for the child. If they have no ID then the child will need to be less than 140cm in height to qualify for free admission.
- All tickets allow entry to the park and facilities such as Tiger Jungle Adventure and street shows.
It is possible to purchase tickets directly from the Phuket Fantasea website or from an agent in Phuket.