Medical Treatment in Phuket
An increasing number of visitors to Phuket are there for medical treatment. Medical tourism is a good option for many people, and Thailand has become a favorite destination for this. Not only is it relatively cheap to undergo medical treatments locally, but visitors can also rely on a high standard of care and attention. There are also some people who will end up hospital in Phuket through bad luck on their holiday. There are a number of high quality hospitals on the island and one of these is Phuket International Hospital.
History of Phuket International Hospital
Phuket International Hospital was founded in 1982, and it is one of the largest hospitals in the region. It was the first private hospital to open on the island. In 2007 it underwent extensive remodeling and reconstruction. It is a modern hospital that offers high levels of comfort – it is like staying at a top end hotel. The main focus is on providing the best possible diagnostic and treatment options.
Services Available at Phuket International Hospital
There is a good selection of services available at Phuket International Hospital. Specialties covered include:
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Children’s clinic
- Neurology clinic
- Plastic surgery
- Neuro surgery
- Rhinology-Allergy and Snoring Center
- Ear, nose, and throat (ENT)
- Hemodialysis Center
- Allergy clinic
- Center for dental treatments
- Eye & LASIK Center
- Child Psychiatry
- Safe Fertility and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Center
- Hair Restoration
- Cardiac problems
- Lithotripsy Clinic
- Women’s Clinic
- Skin Clinic
Special Health Check Ups Packages
Phuket International Hospital offers a number of different health check up packages including:
- A Standard check up costs 2,850 THB and includes all the important tests that are recommended for people under 40 years of age. This package includes x-rays, blood work, urinalysis, and assessment of vital signs such as blood pressure.
- The Executive Male Program costs 12,900 THB and it includes an extensive list of examinations and tests that are recommended for people aged over 40 years of age. Included in this package are an exercise tolerance test, ultrasound of the abdomen, ECG, and many other tests.
- The Executive Female Program costs 15,500 and includes all the important examinations and tests recommended for women over 40 years of age.
- It is also possible for people to choose the exact tests they would like to have in their package.
Accommodation at Phuket International Hospital
There are some good accommodation options at Phuket International Hospital, and there should be something to suit almost any budget including:
- A shared room with three beds costs 700 THB per night. There is a shared bathroom, sofa, and balcony.
- A 2 bed shared room costs 1,000 THB per night. This room has a shared fridge.
- A standard single room costs 1,500 THB per night. It comes with an LCD TV, electric bed, private shower, coffee and tea making facilities, private balcony, refrigerator, and personal safe to keep belongings.
- A standard room with a garden costs 1,800 THB per night.
- A VIP suite at Phuket International Hospital costs 3,500 THB per night. This comes with a separate sleeping and dining area, and there is also a microwave oven.
- A bed in intensive care (ICU) costs 2,000 THB per night.
All the rooms have air conditioning in the hospital have air conditioning. The doctor’s fees and the cost of medications, and treatments are not included in the room price.
Facilities at Phuket International Hospital
The available facilities at Phuket International Hospital include:
- Free Wi-Fi
- There is a minimart that sells snacks and essentials
- S&P has a coffee shop in the hospital
- There is a restaurant that western as well as Thai food. This is located on the first floor in building 2.
Location and Contact Details for Phuket International Hospital
Phuket International Hospital is located on Chalermprakiat Ror 9 Road on the outskirts of Phuket town. Their telephone number is 076 249-400 and they can also be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
This hospital also offers an emergency ambulance service that can be contacted at any time on 076 210935.